Wednesday 23 July 2008

usually babel

My alarm is set for 7.30 am tomorrow. I am getting up early so that I can go running before it's getting too hot. And, the plan is to run down to the lake and go for a swim too, you know, triathlon or whatever it is called, without the cycling bit. I can't do that in London, you know, go for a swim just like that. I wish I could. Sometimes, when I am getting to warm and sweaty running around in Clissold Park, a dive in the pond is a tiny temptation. But, without acting on impulse and considering what the water must be like, I quite happy keep sweating and being too hot without intoxicating myself with dirty old water. Same as for Regents Canal. Yeak. YEAK YEAK YEAK.

I enjoy being on holiday in Sweden now. It took a couple of days to settle, to get used to it, and start appreciating it. The weather is better now too, which helps too. It feels like I am on a mission to get to know this place, or get to know a different side to it. Do new stuff. Explore. Learn. Listen to the radio. I love Swedish radioshows in the summer. I download them on the internet and save them on my Ipod, so many interesting people to listen to, so much to take in, think of, and learn. I believe, that's when Swedish summer is at it's best. A little piece of pure joy, in a very simple non-grandios manner. I love it.

The lady I listened to today was one of the hosts from last summer, and she ended with saying 'Today, I think, is a perfect day for deciding to be a happy piece of shit'....its hard to translate what she meant, the 'piece of shit' in swedish does not have to be anything negative. Well anyway, I just think that she is so bloody right. I have a choice every morning, and actually every minute of the day, to decide if I want to be happy or not. Of course, it might be hard to feel happy if something awful has happened, but I kind of talk of everyday living, you know, most days, we do have a choice.
A friend of mine once corrected me as I'd said 'Oh I am just having a bad day'. She said, 'Don't say that, you might be having a bad moment, but not a bad day, cause the time is only 1 pm and just cause it has been bad up to now, you do not have to decide that the whole day is gonna continue like that'. I love it. Stuff like that, so simple, but so true. I aiming for happy days. I might have bad moments, but I am gonna do my best never to forget, that I have a choice to be as happy as I can. And if I feel frustrated, sad, irritable, whatever, I need to look at it. That's where the change starts I guess.

Life is so exciting. I am so excited about the future, and even, about today. You might be tired to hear about my happiness and excitement about life, anyway, tomorrow I am buying a new camera so might even post a picture or two.

No comments: